Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas and New Years

Christmas break was definitely a difficult one for us this year... okay maybe just me. While Cory was basking in the Hawaiian sun, kayaking in the ocean, and zip lining over old military camps, I was stuck in good old Cowley Wyoming. This was our first Christmas together, and we had to spend it apart. While it probably taught us both some patience, I hope to never be away from Cory for another Christmas.
Cory and I weren't supposed to see each other for 3 weeks during the break, since he wouldn't be back from Hawaii by the time that I had to come back to Logan for a wedding and work, but things miraculously worked out, and the most we went without seeing the other was only 9 days. We both went up to Cowley and Powell on Friday the 16th, right after my last final, and then Cory and his family flew to Hawaii on the 21st. My roommate from freshman year got married on the 28th, so I had to drive down to Salt Lake to be a bridesmaid for her wedding, and then as a surprise, I drove all the way back to Powell the next day to surprise Cory. I was waiting in his basement and attacked him as he was running into the bathroom. He didn't think that he was going to see me for almost a week after that. It was great to reunite with my best friend. I had no idea that it would be so hard not seeing him for that long. I guess I really do love that boy! I then turned around 2 days later and drove back to Logan one last time to start work, Cory followed a few days later, and finally we are both together in Logan just in time for classes to start up tomorrow. BOO!

Its a new year, and  Cory and I can not wait to live it up! We were both very blessed in 2011! Not only did we find each other and get engaged, but we both have jobs and are raking in the cash... okay well maybe not raking it in, but we are getting by. Cory said one of his biggest highlights in 2011 was returning home from serving an LDS mission in Phoenix Arizona. He met some amazing people, who he still talks to now (thanks to Facebook!), and he said that he learned so much, and was so grateful for the opportunity that he had to serve those wonderful people. My biggest highlight was surviving working three months at a dirt plant in Lovell Wyoming. Working 13 hours a day starting at 4:30am and finishing at 5:30pm is not what I like to call "fun." On the bright side I did make some good money, but boy am I thankful to be done!

We are excited to see what 2012 has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment