Saturday, December 3, 2011

We're ENGAGED!


I have never been a big Halloween fan. Scary movies made me wet my pants, and so did creepy kids dressed as zombies. My attitude of this changed immensely this Halloween though. I have been crazy busy with school, work, and a rat lab that my Psychology grade depends on. I am constantly running from place to place with no time for myself, and I was starting to get stressed out! So Cory decided that we needed a date night away from all the homework and stresses of college life. I got out of my lab, called Cory and he told me he would come pick me up in about 30 minutes. I rushed home and made myself look extra cute, just in case he decided to pop a certain question. Aly dressed me, but kept mentioning how silly I was because “Cory was not going to purpose tonight!” (Good thing I didn’t listen to her!)
 He picked me up and I was shocked that he was wearing something other than khakis and grey tennis shoes. We chatted with Aly and Alyssa (our roommate) and they told us that Jessa was having a game night at her house and we were supposed to go to it after dinner. This threw me off.  I was beginning to doubt that tonight would be the night. As we were driving I asked him where we were going to eat and he told me McDonalds because that was all he could afford. You can’t go wrong with the dollar menu right! Cory took a wrong turn and we “accidently” ended up at the Sizzler! We ordered hamburgers and had a really nice dinner together. I sure do love this boy!
After dinner Cory was in dire need of some floss. So we took a detour and went to Walgreens. After getting Cory’s teeth situation fixed, we were in the truck again heading to our next destination. Cory asked my where Jessa lived, and I had no idea, so somehow we ended up at USU campus at the bottom of Old Main Hill, which just happened to be where we first met! At this point I knew something was up.  He parked and asked me to go on a walk with him. We climbed the million stairs up the hill laughing, and panting and playing with Cory’s laser that he is extremely proud of. When we got to the top and turned the corner around Old Main, I saw that the A (the Aggies statue on USU campus where Cory and I had our first kiss) was coverd with candles and there was a big bouquet of flowers on the top. Cory and my song “God Gave Me You” by Blake Shelton was playing in the background. I could not stop smiling. We walked over to the A and he told me he wanted to read me something. He pulled out his phone and read me the most beautiful poem I have ever heard, that he wrote just for me and this moment. He started crying, then I started crying, it was perfect.
After the poem he it was silent for a moment, and I was wondering if I was ever going to get the ring. A few seconds passed and he told me that he had something to give me. He got on his knee and pulled out a laser case. Right when he got on his knee our friend Jessa ran out from behind a tree and began taking pictures! Cory opened it and there was the ring. He asked me if I would marry him and I replied with a yes! All of our closest friends from USU were hiding and when I said yes they all came out running, and screaming and we were all hugging and kissing and laughing. It was the most magical night of my life. The next few hours were spent calling family and friends and letting the whole world know that Cory and I were getting hitched. I cannot wait to marry my best friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment